April 2006

Hey everyone!

Not much happened in April but I did get to see my cousin Mike! I hadn't seen him in ages and he and 2 friends of his were here for the weekend with one of their fathers. I went down and met them and we had sushi for dinner and then wandered around the streets of Shinjuku for a couple hours. I had wanted to look good for a Saturday night in Tokyo, so I wore my high boots and let me tell ya', boy did my feet hurt afterwards! I almost got a taxi from my train station to my apartment, and that's saying something because it's only a 5 minute walk! The next day was beautiful so I went down to Tokyo and took some pics of the cherry blossoms and Ginza - the shopping district. The last pics on my "April 2006" album are on my 30th birthday (my golden one!). Please ignore the laundry hanging to dry behind me and my goofy-ness and the fact that I didn't even have a real birthday cake! There was a festival in town that day so Florence (a French foreign exchange student at my high school) and I walked around the festival and then went to my favorite pub for dinner, followed by an assortment of cakes we had bought - delicious! Not the most exciting of birthdays, but still a good one. :) Hope you enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i feel so bad...i haven't spoken to you in soooo long. i was so wrapped up in wedding stuff and now being mrs. tuohy. i hope that you had an awesome bday!!! i missed eric's too. i hope that you had a great day! i can't wait for you to be closer to us here...michelle